A good look at the nature

"Every now and again take a good look at something not made with hands: a mountain, a star, the turn of a stream. There will come to you wisdom and patience and solace and, above all, the assurance that you are not alone in the world."

-Sidney Lovett(-); minister

This quote was on the Good morning email that I received this morning. I had just got back to work after a fantastic ( understated of course) vacation to Kerala for a wedding function. The wedding was held at a very small village off Palghat, Kerala. I was in and I think, still am in a trance state thinking about the last four days of varied experiences that I chanced to be in. That said, you can imagine my state in the morning at my work desk... so much to do and absolutely no mood to touch the key pad... Still as is the normal routine, I did eventually open my mail box to check emails.. Nothing better to see after a nice long vacation like a friend's email and I had three of them - A Hello email, A Thinking of you email and this Good morning email... I read the quote and it reflected my mind state exactly, which is why this post :)

In the midst of the wedding hustles and bustles, the people, the trains , the welcomes, the dresses, the festivities, the food, the group talks, the corner cell phones, the children, the wailing and beautiful babies, the oldies, the friends, the noise, I stepped outside to take a phone call.

It was a beautiful night - stars, the full moon that brightly lighted up the pond just in front of where I stood, the cool breeze, freshness of the air(was unbelievable), the total silence ( practically no noise outside the hall; all chatters were inside the hall ), a silhouette frame of someone walking in the moon light, and the tall coconut trees.... Seemed like a dream to me as I write this post...

I didn't have doubts before about Nature and its power, but just in case I might have had, Nature showed me that night about some quiet achievements that man can never make, own, and claim in life. Also, this serene, clear, cool, beautiful night-sky-watch and the environment brought an inner-sense of bliss that equals all meditation, prayer, peace and quiet that is being taught in a closed room in cities...

Made me smile and still makes me wonder about the life that would have been before and the life that is today.. May be the Creator is also wondering the same....

This is my version of the quote I read this morning:

"Every now and again take a good look at something not made with hands: a mountain, a star, the turn of a stream. There will come to you wisdom and patience and solace and, above all, the fact that the gift of life is more than you think it is. Live it, Love it,Enjoy it, and know your limits of freedom, money, achievements, and power!!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!