- if you get a smile for an answer
- if you get a "well... may be.. may be not " for an answer
- if you get a quiet stern look that asks "Why do you want to know?"
- if you sense a quick change of topic
- if you get an indirect " as much as you.. or not as big as people think it is" answer
I have noticed that people are not comfortable talking about Money, Property, Weight, Age among other things.... And once people who take these topics seriously get into this kind of a conversation, it is just never the same between them.... Wonder Why??!!!???
Courtesy : yesterday's road side conversation when A was keen on knowing how much B got for a hike, and he drilled him very casually ( hard to notice if you didn't know the context) and found out exactly the amount he got for a hike... :)