Fingering.....

Yes, that is a term used in Type-writing. I never went to an institute to learn typing and so never really knew which fingers to use for which keys in my keyboard. All I knew is I learnt to type through my endless ranting about sense and nonsense on my chat windows, email compose pages and blog space and ofcourse my job as a Technical Writer. [ It surprises me that not a single interviewer asked me this question if I knew to type professionally].I guess, everyone learns typing through practice and so that said, I do not know which fingers I habitually use for which keys on my key board... Until...

Today...

Why go as far as typing? I never realized the key role of one of my fingers other than wearing a ring, until this morning, I must say. I was busy dreaming about the yummy breakfast I am about to make ( yes, dream about the end product as you start preparing the dish, it will come out very well..) This is not a conscious decision I made, but then I was so hungry and was telling myself that my Upma will be done in a few minutes and the aroma was already filling my dreamy head.

And I cut one of my finger tips along with the ripe tomato.. In all the red color of the tomato and the blood, you must be able to imagine the scene on my table. I thought it was a minor cut and was doing all I can to stop the blood, but apparently I had sliced a little bit ( thankfully ) of the skin from the finger tip also along with the tomato. I didnt know Biology, but later learnt from the doctor that the blood flow in the finger tip would take longer to subside. After all the red turned white paper tissues thrown away into the dustbin, after some cotton swabs turning blood red, literally, some ice pack and some water, I finally decided to see the doctor. Now, until I opened my cupboard to take out a dress to wear to the doctors, it never really occured that this finger had been of a big help all these days in my life.

Without using that one finger my day is going on and I totally realize how hard it is for a lot of people who have not been blessed with fingers or hands for that matter. My entire house work has come to a complete halt because of this bleeding finger. No bath, No cleaning, No washing clothes, No cutting vegetables into fine chops until this gets well. When I sat down to type is when I realized how much I have been using that finger on my left hand.. I can't make the mistake of tapping the finger on any of the keys for the pain reminds me often that I have had a bad cut.

It is like I am learning fingering now for the first time( without this hurt finger) along with a major lesson in life reiterated:

Never underestimate the power of anything, however small or big, pronounced or subtle, significant or insignificant. Take time to realize that you are blessed in many ways than most others.

I sincerely thanked God for the fingers I have been blessed with today. At least my painful finger can get back in action in a day or two. A lot of people suffer permanent losses and excruciating pains. God bless them all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!