This is the best time!!!!

I have heard this many times in my life so far, at various stages... yesterday when I was talking to a friend, she told me at the end of the conversation, " This is the best time of your life.. Enjoy every moment!!!".

This statement made me recollect a few of the many times I have heard the same thing at various stages of my life...
  • When I was in school, someone studying in college had once made this remark..
  • When I was super bored with the four month gap between my school final exams and college first day, someone in college told me that this gap would be the best time of my life!!
  • When I was in first year of college, a senior made the remark..
  • When I finished college and stayed home for a few months waiting for the results and a probable job, then some working professional gave the same comment..
  • When I just joined work and didnt have much to do except observe what is happening on my senior's computer, he told me " This is the best time you can get at work "...
  •  Later, when I switched companies and had a week break between Company A and Company B, someone who had also just swtiched jobs told me that was the best time I could get ever...
  •  and then when my parents were looking out for a match for me, all the married friends of mine told me " This is the best time of your life, Enjoy "...
  • Then came the big news of my engagement.. I had just announced to some of my friends that I would be getting engaged to marry in the next few days. One of them told me that the time between saying the Big Yes and waiting for the engagement ( which in my case was four days ) is the best time of my life!!!
  • Then, when I sent the engagement photos and was receiving wishes on my engagement, many friends remarked that the time between the engagement and marriage is the best time one can probably get in life...
  • The day I got married, among the wishes and well - wishers' messages, all I recall is the line : This is the best time of your life, Enjoy!!!
  • When I told someone over the phone that I wont be in town for the next few days since I would be off on my first trip with my husband, the first line I recall is : This is the best time, Enjoy!!!!
  • Later, when we were talking married life and parenting with friends, someone remarked, " This is the best time of your life!! Enjoy while it lasts and before you get to be compelled into more responsibilities ".
  • Now, when we are expecting our little one in the next few months and I am dealing with many pleasant and not exactly comfortable situations, my friends tell me over the phone : This is the best time, Enjoy!!!

Now, thinking back, I guess, the truth is all moments are special and good in their own way; sadly we never get to realize it when we are going through it.. Which is why many people who have crossed the stage say the same remark to those who have just begun the experience. I am sure everyone thinks that the present day is not exactly great, until they have come across a day in future that is more challenging than the NOW moment..

It would never be easy to say which of the best was better than the other, at any point in our lives... but we all would definitely realize at one point that after all, there have been many best times in our lives, which we failed to notice or realize.. since we were too busy trying to think that all the challenges those times offered were the biggest possible ones that one can face in life at the various stages...and we are the only ones going through what we are going through!!!. When the next stage comes, the previous seems less problematic, mostly because we have crossed the stage and sadly we can never get back to yesterday to enjoy/experience/better it all over again.. This feeling leads to the introspection that 'yesterday was a wonderful experience in many different ways'...

From the above chain of ' This is the best time, Enjoy!!' wishes, I am inclined to conclude that in truth, every moment is good; Enjoy today for what it is and always believe that the BEST is yet to COME!!!!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!