It happens only when it happens.....

This is one of my friend's favorite saying...

I was in a long queue to get a platform ticket in the city railway station, today. The queue in the counter seemed to be moving faster than the one at the ticket vending machine.

With about twenty more people to move on, before I can get to the head of the queue, I was beginning to lose the patience to wait. Same with a lot of others who stood in the queue with me. A lady was telling her companion to just check what are the chances of getting in without a ticket.. to which he replied, Why take a chance? and be worried about getting fined, for another whole hour that we are going to spend here?".. I didn't turn around to see if she was happy with the answer, but smiled to note that people have become sensitive to following the rules and regulations.

Another few restless minutes ticked off and I was glad that the queue was moving quite fast. Then, I heard another practical and brilliant statement..... An old man was telling someone " See, all the ticket counters are computerized. It takes a few keystrokes to write a ticket and then the printer takes its time ( although a few seconds..) to print it out. The whole process takes the time it needs and there is no waste of time that you or I can complain about. At the counter it takes hardly a minute to get a ticket. We just need to wait....They're doing all they( Railways, I guess) can....and there is only so much they can do. It happens only when it happens...."

The old man was right.... Instead of cribbing about having to wait in the queue, if we spend time thinking about the rationale of the situation, there is no reason for temper or dissatisfaction. I just imagined what it would be like without a queue and people just thronged in front of the counter for a platform ticket.... Wouldn't it be worse? At least in a queue, you can be assured that your turn is next. And your turn happens only when it happens...

Comments

Manjunath Raj said…
Thank u so much :)

Yes...Life has taught me this :)

I am glad that I am making a +ve effect on people's (U to start with it) minds' :)

And yes...sometimes...living life can b as simple n as easy as this :) No point cribbing n makin a ruckus of the already less time v have for ourselves to makes things work better for us :)

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!