Summer and AC : I just don't understand........

On a hot summer afternoon

( Don't ask me if there can be a cold summer afternoon in Tamil Nadu, India....Check the Web facts about Summer in Tamil Nadu if you wish to.... ),

So on a hot summer afternoon... you don't even think twice to step out...There are a hundred things to do for yourself and mostly it is necessity to step out at that unimaginable summer heat - 44 Degree Celsius, 90% humidity.

For those who say, we've seen worst summers... stay with the post, you'll see why I am saying this.. Let me get my thoughts out first....

Its become a habit ( Old habits die hard ) to complain about the heat in summer. Of course, the heat will be difficult to handle, cotton clothes will be soaked in sweat, you'll have to take bath at least twice a day, you will feel tired, you will feel drained out of energy and your temper will hit the roof with a reasonable hit on your overall enthusiasm..

Now, if you rethink about it, wasn't last summer like this too? When was the last summer you remember, that you felt a cold wind hit your face?? I don't ever remember one such summer like that... All we can do is drink lots of water and stay indoors during mid day to play some hide and seek with the mid-day summer heat.

So, I have been hearing all the complaints about this summer too, in Bangalore, Karnataka, India... ( supposed to be better, climatically).. I say to myself: People, wait till you get shipped to Tamil Nadu a summer Noon.)

Last night when I was getting ready to retire off for the day, I heard my father say: Its amazing how we complain so much of heat on a summer day, make the room air-conditioned, pay high electricity bills and use blankets because we cannot handle high AC....

How True....!!!!!.......

You spend for the AC and use a thick blanket to avoid the cold air( cozy is the false name that English Language has given to it) ....

I just don't understand the Heat, AC, Sky-high bills, Blanket thing....It is a cyclic thing, you get stuck in this, you cannot understand why and can't come out of it either....

Comments

Anonymous said…
hehe... so true. Tell that to people here all the time. Too hot, why don't you make a short trip to TN,and then you"ll know the real meaning of "HOT"

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!