Small Wonders

Everyday is beautiful.. I agree. There are some days when you feel you cannot express your happiness... Yesterday was one such day....

I have always been fond of children, like most other girls. I took an instant liking to my friend's daughter the moment he showed me her photograph taken on the day she was born. I could not stop wondering, (I still have not...) about the little Xerox copy of my friend. She is a 'Small Wonder' to me.

This was the same feeling I had when I myself mistook my Mom's childhood photo for mine. After that point, this kid's photo amazed me... So she and I became friends, really connected and close.

Between the talks with my friend's family members, I spoke to this darling little friend of mine... She seemed to understand some of my takes at things and I seemed to not understand a lot of her points... So you see, she won.

She chose her toy, She knew when to go out for the evening walks with her parents and grandma, She knew to turn to her parents when things were just not right with her, she knew her grandpa is a great friend of hers, she knew there was a guest in the house, she knew when she had to keep quiet, She understood a 'No', She knew that ' A smile is a gentle curve that sets things straight'.. ( If you are the observant kind, U will notice that a child smiles most of the times...and there is no equivalent to that innocence and the 'Joy' that it brings...), She knew to differentiate appreciation, She knew to have fun, She knew to say 'No',She knew to get surprised....

She seemed to know all of these....and a lot more...

What all did I learn yesterday? I learnt to Smile most of the times, Forget things that are supposed to be forgotten, Remember what I had to remember, Know what I wanted, Be a friend, Love unconditonally, Enjoy simple things, Observe unlimitedly, Reach out for the best always...

U will not believe that this little kid reminded me of all these qualities... I guess all of us had these when we were children, but we unlearnt it over the years... Presumably after the introduction of History, Geography and Physics and Chemisty subjects. or after TV,and Internet.... I can't say why..

I enjoyed my evening immensely with the child... Her circle at home is great, I agree....I wish her nice circle outside too, so she gets to maintain all her qualities..Let's hope the introduction of Physics and History has positive influence on this chintu mintu. :)
:)

Some one once told me.. It is important to be child-like... I didn't really understand it then, Now I think I am realzing the meaning of the word 'Child -like' and the joy of making friends with 'Small Wonders'.

Comments

nithya said…
It really is a joy to share moments with kids! You will definetely feel a lot younger and 200% outside this busy, witty world.
Aparna S Mallya said…
a very touching post.

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!