Happy New Year 2018!

Too many things over the last one year! It feels nice to look back a bit to realize how much grateful I should be for all the good things in my life over the last one year.

And even more grateful for all the support from all the lovely people at various stages, moments, situations in my life.

2017 takes a page in my diary for so many reasons...
  • I figured out that I must work!!
  • I learned all over again, what it is like to face rejects in the job market!
  • I learned to believe in my prayers better when some of them got answered!
  • I knew that the saying  " Ask and you shall receive " is often true. I had to ask for every single thing I wanted!

It is also the year when I ...
  • took the first step out of my house after my children were born...
  • first was away from kids and cried more than them when I had to send them off to the daycare at school...
  • come back every day anxious to see my children's facial expressions and read their minds... They can't yet talk about their day in as much detail as I would love to hear out...
  • knew that I am a still a good writer at work...

It has been a year of...
  • finding pillar strengths in friends like never before...
  • realizing wisdom albeit very little on the emotional path...
  • meeting a lot of new people with different interesting personalities and liking them too...
  • meeting old friends in the newer phase of their lives...
  • connecting with some yesteryears folks over the phone...
With Wedding fun, Newborn joy, Standup-comedies, School meetings, Family functions, Charity times, Anticipations, Expectations, Disappointments ( Well, they usually come together!), Shocks and Surprises, Birthdays, Encouragements given and taken, Supports given and taken, Prayers given and taken, 

And with the last bit of the year, that is today, ending with meeting an old college friend's family in a rather 'out-of-the-ordinary' setup with pretty much the same feel as the olden times (as it was 18 years ago!)

And with the godsend support, I got from many people through the year in my community and family and friends and school and office... at the most needed times...

As I come to the end of this year's rather noteworthy joyride,
All I have to say is a wholehearted THANK YOU to the Universe and its bounty which includes people.

Dewdrop wishes you a very happy 2018 with the following prayer :

THANK YOU, GOD, FOR THE WORLD SO SWEET
PRAY THAT I KNOW ITS TRUE

THANK YOU, GOD, FOR THE DECISIONS SO RIGHT
PRAY THAT I KNOW YOU ARE WISE

THANK YOU, GOD, FOR THE  NEW YEAR TO DAWN
AND  FOR ALL THE CARE IN STORE FROM YOU
AND FOR ALL THE SENSE YOU PUT IN ME TO SEE
THAT YOU KNOW MY MOVES BETTER THAN I DO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!