Himalayan Quake - Tsunami - Sinamika

There is a series of tremors, I want to reword as terrors happening in Nepal. Even as I type this post, there are thousands of people suffering, thousands killed, hundreds lending helping hand...

I go into the bathroom and I cant stop wondering what would the victims of the quake do for their basic needs.
I switch on the computer and wonder what would the people in Nepal do without communication lines of any sort?
I cut open the milk packet in the morning and wonder if people who have been victimized by the huge quake wouldn't feel like having any beverage in the morning?
I cant help thinking of pregnant women, just born babies, young children, teenagers with lost dreams, old people, just married folks, and tourists in Nepal.

I have seen the outline of Tsunami from the safety of my concrete house back in 2004 December. I cant help going back ten years in time and compare the wrath of the ocean with the wrath of the earth. It was so devastating and the back to back after shocks of the Nepal quake only is as comparable or may be even more serious than Tsunami.

I see advertisements in between the news cast of the serious quake. They say : And more updates on the Operation Maithri working on the Himalayan Quake after a short commercial break, Stay with us..And the break shows advertisements about a new car or a deodorant or something that is definitely not in any one's mind today as they watch this quake cast. Why commercials in between?? Give a day off for all those luxury product ads. Instead tell us ways to contribute in our own way to the victims.

Also, there is another side of the world...

Humming away A.R. Rahman's Aye Sinamika song. All theaters full house for Maniratnam - A.R Rahman - P.C Sreeram. Did any theatre offer to contribute one shows collection to the victims?

All shopping activities as usual on the roads. Did any shop take any initiative as on date for the victims?

All sports as usual.Did any sports event stop for a day just to think of the plight of people there? There seems to have been a sports team stranded in Nepal as well.

On Facebook there are loads of people enjoying life and posting pictures...Well, I  am happy that there are many praying for the victims and spreading word of compassion and prayer. Good move.

And here I am blogging seated very comfortably in the silence of the night inside my house, safe and sound. I have not done my bit yet.

So.. what stopped because of the quake for the rest of the world? Did anything change for all of us? Did we do something for the victims? If yes, good. If not, its time we did. Please do not wait for the offices where you work to send out a mailer asking for contributions. Just do your bit in your own way. There must be a way to just make sure you care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!