Waiting and watching and longing....

Yesterday evening scene close to my house:
It was late evening, the street lights flooded the streets and the place looked painted in yellowish orange. I was enjoying the breeze, the soft drizzle, a melodious note on my ipod, rhyming my steps to the tune and walking my way home. The road had orange flowers all over. With the yellowish orange light on the pale brown pavement, the orange flowers looked perfect modern art to my eyes.

I switched off my ipod as I saw two children rushing towards me and then suddenly stopping and then rushing back to their house's gate. An old man said, " This is someone else, your mother will come home in a while, go inside and play, it is already dark. " The children looked very disappointed that it was someone else and not their mother. I felt so sorry to see their disappointment. In Bangalore traffic, God knows where their mother is held up and here I was telling them, " Listen to your grandpa and go in, Your mom is on her way home.. She will be here in few minutes.".. They just gave me a very emphatic No for an answer. They intended to stand there, under the street light and just outside the gate till she gets home.

Children are stressed more than the adults these days, I think because they have to wait for their parents to get home.. I don't know the answer to this, yet, but then makes me wonder aloud about "How to handle this problem?"....

Comments

Anonymous said…
More companies should give people freedom to work from home. Only people who must physically be present should be required to go to the workplace (sales people, bus drivers, cooks etc.)

What's stopping all these call centers from enabling people to work from home?

It would reduce traffic, pollution, and moms can spend more time with the kids!

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!