Growing up?? Or Growing Old??

"Desire is the root cause of all evil " - Gautama Buddha.

I recall how this line seemed pointless and totally senseless back in Class Five when my teacher tried to explain the paragraph about Gautama Buddha in a History Class.

I also recall how I was trying to reason out the statement at home the same day and in the days after. Everyone smiled. Today, I don't remember much of how the argument came to a close but for some unknown reason I remembered the section in the history book and the statement this morning.

Been thinking about it over the day and I think it seems to make sense now, much better and much clearer.

Wonder why do we still 'want' and 'do not want'?
Wonder why we cannot take life as it is and as it comes?
Wonder why history was not taught later in college days when we could have understood it better?
Wonder if this is because I am growing up or Growing older??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!