Dance class in Bengalooru

Bengalooru city buses....

It was a traffic signal...Not even a bus stop. My friend who was accompanying me to the bus stop suddenly yelled and in a minute I was pushed into a bus that had just come to a halt near us. She waved a 'Bye' and asked me to give her a call or message when I reached the place I was supposed to go. She is the same girl who thought I would get 'Lost' in Bangalore. :)

This city traffic had no value for any one's time, so I asked my friend to drop me off at a bus stop and promised to inform her when I reach wherever I had to reach.

Okay, the bus inched its way forward and I realized that the signal turned 'Green'. I was at the foot board and if my bus hits just another speed breaker ,I was sure to fall off the bus. Oddly, I was bothered if I would get a clear space to land on the road if I fall off the last step of the bus. So many vehicles on the road all jamming the way....

When I was lost in this train of thoughts, I was shaken back to reality as the bus driver started yelling something in Kannada. I was not affected at all because, I did not get any word of what he was saying.. Still from the look on his face, I realized that what he was saying might be serious. I should have given some expression that i myself cannot define now...

Looking at my expression and the driver's face someone offered to help me with the translation. I learnt that i was obstructing the driver's view of the Rear View Mirror. So moved ahead... but wait.. where was the space to move...? Being a software engineer by qualification and a technical writer by profession, I put forward my left foot without thinking about the chances of finding a foot place. ( That's how the IT industry works .. They just go ahead with a bold move.. consequences will be analyzed in meetings ...or surveys that happen after the problem is over..) When I didn't find one foot space to keep my left foot, I decided to put it back to where my right foot was... Little did I realise that by this time, the bus had stopped at the next station and the next set of people had got into the bus. So, I could not find the place to put my right foot... I tried settling my tired left foot somewhere but couldn't find place at all. For you to imagine better, I was kind of learning dance steps on the foot board. :)

That was just to let you know what it was like to be on a city bus in Bangalore in the peak hours. I thought Chennai was the toughest when discussing local buses, but Bangalore at peak hours is just about the same...

As to what happened to my dance class that day, the session was brought to an abrupt halt when the bus stopped at the next station and I was pushed to a safe corner (??!!!??)by a good, old, fat lady's elbow.. :) I was glad all the same, because, I did not have to further struggle with balancing myself on one foot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!