I learnt........

I met a potter. He was skilled at crafting every little bit of clay into beautiful pots of various shapes and sizes. I learnt never to ignore anything in my life....

I met a weaver. He was weaving a beautiful silk Saree for this famous shop called 'Sundari Silks' in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He crafted his designs for the saree on a graph paper and fixed the threads on the loom accordingly. In minutes, there was a beautiful swan design on the saree's border. I learnt that his knowledge of Graphs and concentration was more than mine.....

I came across a palm reader. I learnt that her 'tactics' in people handling was more than mine.... Should ask Srijith, my friend about what was it like to have your future read.. I must admit that he was bold.

I met an artist. I was amazed at how confident he was about his strokes on the fabric, that could very well qualify as a curtain cloth. I learnt that his 'patience' was more than mine.....

I learnt that inspite of the fact that all these craftsmen were more 'qualified' in terms of all these skills, they are never rewarded as much as I am.

I could not help wondering about scores of my folks from the software industry who work mostly without any of these tactics in their personal as well as professional life, and who are invariably paid more than these craftsmen.

- Mindspeak - On a visit to Dakshin Chitra , ECR Road, Chennai on 11th March 2006 with my friends from office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!