Sunset, promises, and questions...

A bright tomorrow, A new beginning, An opportunity, A cloud that can bring rains, and most importantly a chance to hope for the best once again...

And many more things if you can speed up your thought train..

Watching sunset has always been interesting for me.. but then I never enjoyed the sunset so much like I did today. It has been the best sunset experience so far because today I was with my daughter watching the sun go down for the day...

Now, how do you explain this to a 2 year old?? Sun going down? Sunset? Sun going behind the clouds ( today is slightly cloudy here)? Or does it set behind the mountains??

I was carefully looking at the changes in my daughter's face.. First she smiled.. Then the expression changed to a very questioning look? She looked at me every other second and said, it is going off.. the sun is going off.. I kept saying.. Not so fast.. Slowly it is going home... and then she kept repeating sun is going home slowly...

The colors changed from gold to yellow to orange to red and then there came a cloud and the next thing we know is a thin reddish pink color outlining the cloud that seemed to have closed the door with the sun behind it.

My little girl's face looked like she was lost.. May be there are many more questions on her head which she is not able to explain... Where is it going? Why does it change color? Why does it not continue to beam like it does in the morning? When will it come back?

I finally managed to convince her that the sun has done a whole day's work and must be very tired.. It is going home to eat well and sleep so it can come and say Good morning to her tomorrow morning when she wakes up... We both waved the sun 'Bye, Good Night' and then I had to divert her attention to something else to break her thought train of the sunset...

Amazing experience and very very interesting to note that children take your words very seriously and believe you so much and that it is important to convince them on things that are beyond words... For my daughter who has just started questioning many things this sunset is very very puzzling as on date... I see that and hopefully will be able to clear her doubts when she starts asking....

Comments

SEO Expert said…
Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!
Bipasha said…
I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Very value able post, I read the whole story when I start reading it.
Asad Hanif said…
Really appreciate this post. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! SEO Agency

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!