Little pearls of wisdom

Yesterday, we were dining at a restaurant. I was busy trying to think how the cook managed to flop the usually excellent "Adai". I mean, even to flop some dish, there has to be a way.. What I expected on my plate was the usual South Indian delicacy called Adai, made of grams, rice and lentils with typical  flavoring that South Indians cant live without. I was thinking of the excellent adai I made at home earlier that week...

While I was trying to munch the adai on my plate, I couldnt help looking at my husband's expression on the Pongal he was eating... He also said something about the Pongal that we ate at home earlier that week..

Our thought lines stopped right where they were, as we heard this line : Cut the Past and Shut the Future.

It was from a little girl at the next table.. She was telling her mother to cut the past and shut the future in some context.. I turned to look and saw a six year old or may be seven years at the maximum, saying this mega pearl of wisdom..

And here we were at thirty plus, thinking about the last week's Adai and Pongal that were better than what we were eating then... The same translates to many things. Often we live in the past or think about the future and never stop and cherish the present...

How very important it is afterall to Shut the future as it is not NOW and cut the past as it is not NOW again!!!

Although the food didn't get a pass mark last evening, the mega pearl of wisdom got an 'Outstanding' grade. I hope to be able to stick to the rule of shutting the future and cutting the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!