Homo Sapiens

On a day bustling with activity at my work desk, on a casual intranet messenger talk, I mentioned to my friend: "I didn't find time even to look at myself in a mirror"....

Immediately came the response : A human being should not be in such a situation any day... and call it after thought or a reiteration, there was another message saying *NEVER....

I rephrased the sentence as: A human being should NEVER be in such a situation any day...

Now that I know this friend and our English conversations for quite sometime, I could see that the word "human being" is almost new in our conversational vocabulary..... I stopped, read the sentence again and in a minute understood the marvel of the sentence construct...

Only human beings can appreciate ( applies to only people who really appreciate their reflection or at the least understand that mirrors reflect just the way you look) their reflection on mirror.... If you try getting an animal to stand in front of the mirror, the animal is obviously going to think of its own reflection, as that of another animal approaching it.

On the same lines......only human beings can smile.... only human beings can laugh out loud....

Sad that we find many reasons to be busy and not a single reason to free up some time for our folks.....

Sad that we don't find time to even look at ourselves the mirror ( may apply to inner self too, for a psychological pitch :)....

Sad that we don't find enough time to laugh and make merry with close folks....

Sad that we don't really find time to just "Do Nothing".....

Sad that we don't realize how unique and blessed we are, to be the Human Beings we are :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!