Birthday Party

What are all the questions that pop up in your mind when you think of a Birthday party?

I'll tell you what all popped up into mine...

What outfit should I wear for the day?
What time should I reach?
Will I be able to make it to the party on time?
Will many children be there?
Will I get to eat cake?
Will I manage to talk to people and move around in the crowd?
Will I miss the important call that I have been expecting all day, just precisely when the kid is cutting the cake?
Will the kid play with me?
Will I get home before it gets really late?

So many questions just for a Birthday party evening...

I'll tell u, all these were not required at all...

Went in with a bouquet to greet my hosts.. ( I've always felt that in a child's birthday party, it is the parents who have to be appreciated...for all that they are to the kid and to the guests...) Flowers are a way of saying,' I know you are just wonderful'.... :)

I just enjoyed being myself, coz the kids had so much fun in the party that at a point I forgot all my questions...

There was the Birthday Baby - The "Center of Attraction" in party dress.. She was so scared sometimes of every pair of eyes looking at her... So happy sometimes that there are too many people around... The cakes, the people, the music, the baloons, the kids, the gifts,the camera, everything seemed to amuse her....

Then there was a kid messing up with the cake...I am not too sure if i ever enjoyed cakes to that extent in my life till date.. (given that I am very fond of cakes)

Another was busy trying to get into a fight with a Jeans walah...

Another smart kid was trying to teach me how to wear the face mask...I learnt it somehow but could not manage to get the names of all the characters on the different masks...

A NorthIndian Dollie was wearing a Sharara, or whatever you call that Long Skirt and a complicated Top and Dupattah...She was trying to walk so fast that I almost tripped when I tried to catch hold of her....

One five year old danced like no body was around.... Spontaneous dance comes out so well, I tell you.... All of us had fun watching him dance....Honestly, I missed dancing with him, he refused to take me in as a dance partner.... :(

Then there was this Snowfall fun.... One of the party poppers had some stuff that when popped out, looked like snow fall.... You should have seen all the kids dance in the Snow Fall....

Then came the dinner time....

My God.. what effort was it for the parents, to make the kids have a bite...!!!! It was fun watching them eat... :)

Then there was photo Shoot.. People shot snaps to their heart's content...

It was very late when I actually looked at my watch...

I waved bye and jumped into an auto that day..... After my Thanks message to the Hosts, I sat back relaxed.... Was tired of the recurring thought that you can never be a child again.......

My auto stopped at a signal.. One sweet little kid waved 'Hi' from the car that screeched to halt at the same signal. In the Ninety seconds that we got, he was all smiles.... I wondered how and why.. we don't even know each other.. Made me smile and I kept Smiling....

:)

Btw, I wore my favorite dress with no make-up, reached the venue very late due to traffic, ate the cake, spoke to all I knew and made new friends too. The call I expected came the next day, the kid played for minutes with me, and I reached home well in time to sleep well... :)

So afterall, Nothing is as important as being a part of the celebration and having a good time... Everything else will fall in place sooner or later... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!