Ageing: Quiet moments teach many things....

This is something I never would have said or believed early last year...

I do agree that silence teaches things, but also like to say that silence is never completely possible in this seemingly complicated and problematic world...

This evening when I was on my regular walk on the pavement of my house, the house where I have spent all my childhood and girlhood days, I simply looked up for no reason when I thought about the ageing factor in me and my parents and the familiar neighbours whose young faces ( phases) I once knew.. True, the old phase, sadly, I never knew or realized until today's introspective evening.

The house had been repainted last year and the blue exterior didnt fade in all the rain and storm that my town went through over the last whole year. But then, there were many memories that helped me spot alll that was missing in the once beautiful backyard. Could be due to the Tsunami, the Thane, or the many cyclones and monsoons over the years, when we lost most of our garden and gardening interest. But the house still stood amidst all threats, although somewhere deep down I had a feeling that my house has aged a little... When I looked at my friend's house, where they no longer reside, I realized that the other house has aged too...

A neighbour came to chat with me for a while, so I could see her wrinkles and gray hair and generally the wisdom of old age very very clearly. I always had respect for her, but also knew the times when I had to word my message carefully when talking to her in the past.. This time, however, when she started talking, all I could see was that wisdom and a little helplessness that I knew was because of the old age setting in. Somehow my views changed about her and I spoke without any reservation for the first time with her.

It was just about time when the neighbouring tutorial center closed for the day and children started rushing out in bicycles. I noticed a group of girls, laughing away to glory, with the brightest of faces and child-like faces riding past us as we spoke.. I saw that it was the time of life for the children when most of the worry was about the History teacher or Geography maps or Maths problems or English Grammar. They are not spared either, but they could laugh often without thinking too much... It was the age that was responsible for the child-like nature in them.

When I finally was left alone to walk on the familiar pavement, I noticed that my parents had taken efforts to redo the pavement as well, although I have memories of playing in this pavement almost always until such time when Physics formulae, Chemisty equations, Botanical names, Zoological diagrams and Maths problems ate my play time!!! which I guess I will still not forgive or be able to understand why!!!!! To me, the pavement has aged and seen many rough times too along with the house...

Its the age, I realized finally; that made all the difference and is the cause for all problems in this world.
1. With age comes acceptance to many things and people in this world.
2. With age difference comes lack of understanding which is the qualifier of the term Generation Gap.
3. Trends constantly change over the years and as we age, we fail to realize that trends can never be constant as much as our views. We have problems with people younger to us and people older to us, because we feel that they must accept or understand our views and we cant follow their trends and beliefs that attach themselves to the trends.. Its the age battle that is on and not a battle between real people.
4. What was correct yesterday may seem incorrect today, because of the trend change, but often we fail to realize this because as we age, we want the world to age with us and grow old with us, which is just not JUST!!!!

So the next time there is an issue, lets try to check if it is to do with the age and hence the difference of opinion.. If yes, lets try not to mess with the words as we talk, this I guess will solve half of our personal issues with people.....

How simple it is to finally tally the moral of last evening.. Age gracefully; Accept Ageing; Respect Old Age and its beliefs; Give ageing its merit and accept its demerits as may be applicable in any given scene. Finally, SMILE.. After all, we all hope to live to see old age;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you placed today?

Sargam - A 1992 Movie Review

Thappad - A slap!